The Internet of Things, or IoT for short, refers to sensors and other Internet-enabled devices embedded in everyday objects. IoT allows those objects to send and receive data, effectively creating a “living network” of assets that constantly communicate and interact with one another.
How does the smart thermostat in your house know to automatically adjust the temperature the moment you arrive at the end of the work day? Your phone and thermostat are constantly sharing your location data, and the Internet of Things is what makes that possible.
In a professional environment, IoT monitoring has become a fundamental concept in the field of safety, especially regarding gas detection and dust level monitoring.
At Archview Services, we’re committed to helping businesses improve environmental and worker safety, and we’re leveraging the potential of the Internet of Things to do it. We offer a wide range of IoT-enabled monitoring devices. In this article, we’ll cover each device, what they do, and its primary benefits.
QUBE Monitoring Device
The QUBE IoT monitoring device helps businesses detect, measure, and ultimately reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including methane, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, and volatile organic compounds, through proactive, continuous monitoring.
Through innovative hardware and machine learning, QUBE is a cost-effective, reliable alternative to traditional emissions monitoring solutions. When installed in an environment, the professionally calibrated sensors constantly detect accurate levels of gasses in the surrounding area. The data collected is then analyzed to help classify nearby gasses, uncover the locations of leaks that may be present, and determine the quantity of gasses in the area.
This information is presented via the Qube dashboard, putting actionable, real-time information at your fingertips.
Blackline Safety Devices
Blackline Safety devices create a powerful all-in-one safety solution that combines lone worker protection, gas detection, data analytics, and more via an IoT monitoring system available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
At Archview Services, we’re proud to offer the complete array of Blackline Safety devices, including:
- G6: This portable, single-gas detector is designed to offer up to one full year of maintenance-free operation.
- G7 Single-Gas: This wearable device offers single gas detection, cloud connectivity, and advanced analytics.
- G7 Multi-Gas: The G7 wearable multi-gas detector allows you to select up to five gas sensors, playing to the qualities that make your work environment unique.
- G7 Multi-Gas Pump: This model was designed to give organizational leaders superior control over confined space entry and leak checks as team members perform them.
- G7 EXO: The G7 EXO is the only direct-to-cloud area gas monitor in the industry today.
- G7 Lone Worker: The Lone Worker ensures that even the most vulnerable team members are connected via a wearable device. In emergencies, the person wearing the Lone Worker device can instantly send a cry for help, dispatching help to their precise location.
Archview Services also offers several probable and permanent Blue Siren® wireless IoT monitoring devices that feature advanced environmental monitoring capabilities, including:
- SOLOSiren®: Designed for rugged environments, this device simplifies the process of user-definable sampling while also offering alarm functionality and superior data transmission rates.
- ECOSiren®: Besides being built to withstand even harsh outdoor environments, the ECOSiren® allows you to receive alarm emails, text messages, and images with information about event details and severity levels.
- PROSiren™: The PROSiren™ is a multi-sensor, autonomous, wireless flow monitoring platform that can withstand even the harshest conditions. Its built-in media platform also allows photos that correlate directly with sensor readings to be taken.
- SCADASiren™: The SCADASiren™ is a multi-sensor, autonomous, wireless monitoring platform built for permanent industrial environmental monitoring needs. This device also features multiple output options, including analog and RS485, allowing it to be connected to multiple devices and machines.
- BLUESIREN® ATEX Flowmeter: Built with flexibility in mind, BLUESIREN® ATEX Flowmeter is a multi-sensor autonomous wireless flow monitoring platform that allows for easy environmental monitoring even in the harshest conditions. Because it features a PRO Modular system, your team members can easily change sensors, batteries, and other devices in the field.
Learn More About Our Products Today
The Internet of Things represents one of the biggest advancements in safety monitoring. When you already have a network of countless sensors and other devices, using it to improve efficiency is only one small part of a much larger story.
Equally important is its ability to help proactively monitor safety concerns like gas detection and compliance in real time, giving you the actionable information you need to stop a small problem before it can become much bigger.
If you want to learn more about our IoT-enabled monitoring devices, please contact our product specialists at Archview Services. Our friendly team can help you select the right product for your unique needs and even provide extensive training to your team members. Our goal is to help you get the most value from your investment.